Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

I awoke yesterday morning to torrential rain. We had planned to drive to Blissworth and carry on up the canal from where we had left off 2 weekends ago. I decided it would be more sensible to just go out and circumnavigate both lakes several times and then I could come in for a hot drink between circuits if need be. I woke Chris and told him to ring me when he was ready so that he and Neo could join me for a while.

No sooner had got to the south lake, the rain stopped and the sun cam out. By the time i gad got back to my start point, I was roasting. Chris and Neo had arrived to meet me, bringing my rucksack so I stripped off my waterproofs and we headed off.

I have a lovely picture of a rainbow over the lake which I'll put in later.

We walked round anticlockwise and when we got past the climbing centre, decided to head out into the Ouse Valley Park. It is a beautiful walk, through lovely fields along the river. The sun was shining and almost before we knew it we had reached Simpson. Chris fancied walking along the canal for a bit so we joined the canal and walked back to Peartree Bridge - cutting back across the Ouse Valley Park to Willen Lake.

What looked to be a very wet walk turned into a lovely sunny one (although the wind was bitter).

Miles walked: 10.5
Hours walked: 3.5

No comments: