Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wet Weekend

Today I had arranged to meet up with some of the people that will be going on the training weekend in Snowdon on 13th and 14th of March. Being aware that there are only 8 weeks to go until the weekend of torture we have decided to get together and do some training.

Rebecca and Nige are going on the 350 mile Help for Heroes bike ride in May and Jane is going on the Icelandic Volcano trek in July. It was nice to meet them in person as we have been chatting on Facebook.

The forecast today was for heavy rain, and for once the forecast was spot on. I had to go for my swine flu jab beforehand so I took advantage of the loos at the health centre to get into my waterproofs before meeting the others at the Black Horse.

We set of at 10.45 and walked along the tow path towards Campbell park. No photos today I'm afraid but the canal is swollen and the towpath sodden from all the melted snow. We walked as far as the start of Peartree Bridge, crossed over and walked back to the Black Horse where we had a hot drink before heading home.

Walk time: 2hr 15min
Walk distance: 7.98 miles
Blisters: 0

No comments: